Friday, May 30, 2008

Skywatch Friday: Cactus Sunset

These 2 shots were taken 17May08 in southern AZ at a park a short distance from home. This Saguaro cactus has many "arms" and from what I've been told the age is well over 100 years. Unfortunately, it has no "legs" so it has had the same view all these years.

My back was towards the sunset and the moon must of had late dinner plans as it just couldn't wait for the final rays to go down before it jumped into the early evening sky to chase the setting sun.

I am always captivated when I can see both sun and moon in one turn of my head. But then again, I'm easily entertained by natures ever changing moods.

Thanks for taking a "peek"

Gusto!




























To see more Skywatch "pics" go to : Wiggers World.

10 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

Keep the pics coming. Isn't digital fun. I can't believe I went so long with out one. It is fun to blog too. You pics are beauties. MB

FO - 2 said...

Very nice shots and silhouettes. :)
"I`m easily entertained by natures ever changing moods", as well.
I love that sentence.
Like poetry.
Great! :)

Anonymous said...

Let's have pretty more if you don´t mind!

Mustang Mike said...

Mr. Gusto! I, too, was a film type photographer. I had a bunch of bucks tied up in some neat equipment. Then I went digital. The only problem is, even though my digital is an SLR, I have no long lenses, bellows, wide angle, extenders..etc etc. I miss the work I used to do with film. I don't miss the cost of developing. Hey, great, great pictures by the way. What a sky! It looks like cotton candy..Mike

Texas Travelers said...

Nice photos. I really like the last rays of the sun on the sides of the cactus. I was sorry to hear about the no legs cactus until I remembered they have eyes in the back of their heads.

Good job and thanks for the visit,
Troy

Tom said...

Beautiful... I really like these two shots

VĂ­ Leardi said...

gourgeous!!!!

chrome3d said...

You have beautiful desert there. Keep on blogging!

Chrissy said...

Bwautiful shots.

Dewdrop said...

I would love to see such a scene. Great capture.