Friday, June 20, 2008

Skywatch Friday: Reflections

A couple of weeks ago my wife and I went for a short 14 mile drive that took 4 hours to complete. I took over 300 pictures (isn't digital wonderful) and asked myself if I had to narrow it down to one single photo that captured the day what would it be and why?

Well, after looking through all those photos (some were really whiz bang stuff) this is the one that best captured that day. After selecting it and doing the "tweaks" you know the cropping, enhancing, sharpening and brighting something was still missing. What was it? As it turned out it had nothing to do with the "wow" factor of the picture but more to do with simplicity of that peaceful drive. That was it! It reminded me of a carefree week spent at my Meme's (grandmother) house during the summer when I was 11 years old. Yeah, that was it. No hustle/bustle, no traffic or traffic lights. Hell, not even any pavement. The only sounds were leaves rustling by a slight breeze and birds singing.

Being out in nature with my best friend who also happens to be my bride of 31 years was one of the most peaceful days I'd had since I was 11 years old. So, after removing all the "tweaks", even the color, I realized it was more than a picture it was a wonderful memory.


For more Skywatch Friday visit Wigger's World.

8 comments:

Steve Kelley said...

Really stunning in its simplicity. Nice work!

Aisha said...

:) Love the black and white color. Really good shot!

Tom said...

What a great post.. and a fine tribute to your grandma.. and of course your beloved wife.. I feel humbled to see this picture and read your words. This post is way up there with my favourites..

Thank you for being a part of Sky Watch this week, your post and comments are much appreciated.
Tom ;O)

Daniel J Santos said...

excellent, well done.

Rose said...

Sometimes B & W is all it takes to make something a great image. But this would be fabulous no matter.

And yes, digital is amazing. I would never have been able to afford the shots I have taken with mine.

Kathie Brown said...

Thank you sweetheart. Sometimes you amaze me! Glad you had a good time. I didn't know it brought back such fond memories for you though! Keep on Blogging!

FO - 2 said...

Very good shot! :)

esnorway said...

nice work good pic