Thursday, June 26, 2008

Skywatch Friday: Thursday Sunset



As I drove home from work Thursday evening and looked around at the setting sun I could hardly wait to pull into the garage and grab my camera. This is just the beginning of the monsoon season which means 3 things.

1) Obey the law when the road sign up ahead says "Do Not Enter When Flooded" when the road is actually flooded. Every year some "stupid" folks do just that - Enter when Flooded. I can use the word "stupid" because in fact (yes, this is true) Arizona has a law on the books called the "Stupid Motorist Law" for such folks mentioned above that try to pass through a road that is indeed flooded. If you make it across, well good for you. But, if you don't .... it will cost you a $1,500 fine plus any associated rescue fees and for good measure you'll (name included) make the local news. Hence, you'll feel STUPID! Not to mention you'll be laughed at at work. I know you're all wondering and wanting to ask one question huh? The answer is NO! But, given enough time...............

2) Lots of rain.

3) Clouds. Where do you think the rain comes from? Mix in a little wind add a setting Sun and you've got mother nature's live art exhibition!

Anyway, these 3 shots are a sampler of what I saw from my front yard and a nearby walk into the evening sky.



For more awesome pics go to: Wigger's World.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE shots like this - that you could turn upside down and believe that the clouds were actually the earth.

Quite stunning and wonderful colours.

Happy SWF.
Gary
Bodge's Bulletin

SandyCarlson said...

These wonderful views of your sky are very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I'm back ...
Oh no, cried blog world ... he's back!

But guess what, I'm glad I decided to make a comeback.
If I didn´t rejoin SWF I would never have the chance to see these great photos!

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

These are really stunning!

nina at Nature Remains. said...

Beautiful.

Nina at Nature Remains

kjpweb said...

Pretty neat SWF! Impressive skies!
Cheers, Klaus

AphotoAday said...

Wonderful shots!   Really stunning!

Have a great Sky Watch Friday.

Pietro Brosio said...

Fantastic pictures! Very beautiful skies! I enjoy them very much.

Tom said...

Just to let you know I have visited and seen your post. I thank you for joining in this week and being part of the Sky Watch community.
Tom :O)

I have to add that these are exquisite Skies..

Unknown said...

These are amazing photos. The clouds, the colors...all stunning. Enjoy SWF!

Petunia said...

Breathtaking! All of them!

Petunia's SWF

Shimmy Mom said...

OOH lovely photos. Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

Great photos! Have a wonderful weekend!

Rose said...

Those are some fabulous shots...

Unknown said...

Great captures for sky watch!
Have a nice weekend.

Pat - Arkansas said...

Fantastic shots! I'm glad you grabbed your camera. I had to laugh at the STUPID MOTORISTS comments. I think it's great that there is a law on the books that will fine, and publicize, them.

Anonymous said...

your photographs are excellent - thanks for sharing

david in maine

Anonymous said...

Indeed "mother nature's live art exhibition!"!!!

abb said...

Your photos are perfection!

me ann my camera said...

Beautiful skies and the middle one being especially so with such amazing detail in the clouds.